This two-hour course is designed for supervisors, department managers, HR personnel, and anyone else responsible for supporting a drug free workplace. While the class can be taken as a review, it fulfills the initial training requirement of Iowa code Section 730.5 (see below).
What You Will Learn:
· How to identify and document substance abuse.
· The definition of reasonable suspicion.
· Employer & employee responsibilities.
· The effects of drugs and alcohol on job performance & safety.
· Effective steps to assist employees.
Under Iowa law, private sector employers that conduct drug or alcohol testing “must provide supervisors with a minimum of two hours of training initially & one hour of training each year subsequently.” (See Iowa Code Section 730.5 for detailed information & guidance.)